One thing that you should consider when it comes to taking care of your vehicle is that you should not wait to take your car or truck to a Auburn WA auto repair shop when something serious happens to it. This is because there is a range of services that your Auburn WA auto repair shop can provide you with beyond repair of damage to the vehicle. Your car, truck or motorcycle is going to have maintenance needs which you must consider, because if you allow these maintenance needs to slide you will end up needing serious repairs in the long run. Here are some considerations that you are going to want to make:
* Fuel Filter: At a minimum you need to replace this every two years, or every 24,000 miles. However, this is just a rough guideline. Make sure that you have your fuel filter checked out, and that it is working properly in order to keep your vehicle operating safely.
* Power Steering Fluid: You should inspect your power steering fluid level every time you have an oil change done, and you should make sure to top it off as you need to. Most people forget about this fluid level, and they end up having problems in the future.
* Battery: You may need to replace your battery every four to five years as needed. Make sure that you have your battery checked out every year in order to ensure it is still running right. Battery issues do occur, often in unexpected places. Keeping your vehicle running right means having a battery that can still do its job.
* Air Filter: Your air filter needs changing every 12 months or every 12,000 miles. This is an out of sight, out of mind aspect of your vehicle that you cannot forget about.
* Transmission Fluid and Filter: If you have an automatic vehicle, you need to change this out every 24,000 miles or every 2 years.
* Spark Plugs: Between every 30,000 and 100,000 miles you are going to begin having spark plug issues, so have them checked out and replace as needed.
* Belts: Your engine belt and timing belt need to be repaired and replaced over time because wear and tear can affect their ability to function properly. Your engine belt typically requires replacing every 36,000 miles or so, and between 60,000 and 90,000 miles for your timing belt.
* Coolant: Make sure to check your coolant level on a regular basis. Signs of coolant leaking is an indicator that something is wrong with your vehicle, and a coolant leak can lead to overheating and other serious issues. Your coolant should be replaced entirely every two years or so.
* Tires: You absolute must have someone look at your tires at least annually. Worn tires are dangerous, especially during hazardous conditions. As such, it is vitally essential to keep your tires in good shape and to replace them immediately when they wear out.
* Brakes: Here you must also have a repair technician check things out annually. You cannot ignore your brake system, nor can you undervalue how essential it is to driving safely. Have your brakes and brake fluid checked consistently, and replace either as necessary.
Having an Auburn WA auto repair shop look over your vehicle occasionally is a wise choice. Just as human bodies require check ups and physicals, so do vehicles. Make sure that you are taking your vehicle to a local Auburn WA auto repair shop at least once per year to make sure that everything is running right and there are no maintenance or repair needs that need to be taken care of in order for you to drive safely.